Wednesday 12 November 2014

How to Avoid Being a Victim of Theft While Traveling... read

Tips on How to Avoid Being a Victim of Theft While Travelling !!
You can be victim of Theft & This can be happened if you were distracted and didn't follow some of rules of thumb while travelling which I tell u later in post. Huge mistake can be happen, And now, most recently, I took a non-stop flight from New Delhi to Bangkok on AirAsia and my brand new checked luggage has been missing for more than 2 months now.
The airline was convinced that my bag is still in New Delhi, but they have no confirmation to prove this. I can be patient, and I can wait, but it would be nice to know exactly where in the world my bag went and where it is ?
So in the meantime I'll continue my attempts to track it down on my own, I'll hold my breath, and I'll try not to stress and freak out.

 Please keep in mind that your checked luggage will definitely be out of your sight at times. I only speak from experience when I tell you to think and pack like a traveller, and not like a vacation er or someone going on a holiday.

bag
1. Keep any and all items of value in your carry-on, Not in your checked baggage.

2. Anything that you can not live without, and I really mean that. Keep these things with you at all times.

3. Once you have checked into your hotel make sure that you put all of these important documents, jewellery,electronics, etc in the room safe. 
(Quick tip - place a shoe or car keys in the safe with your belongings, so that you don't forget them)

4. Don't be careless when you travel, Always be aware of your surroundings.

Furthermore, regarding any gifts that you might buy along the way:

5. Ship them with insurance back home to you, It is your best and safest bet that they will make it back safety. Do not lose your proof of shipping.

Follow the very important Rules,  regarding travelling using an auto rental and or using your own vehicle.

6. Never ever leave any valuables in the carriage of your car. Leave
your car empty for any passers-by that might be peering inside.

7. Always place items that you cannot carry with you in the trunk. Note that when you place the items in the trunk, NOT to do this at the location where the vehicle will be parked.

8. And always lock your vehicle.

9. Never leave the keys in the vehicle.

Travel safe, travel often, and travel well.



No comments:

Post a Comment